We live in a world where the internet is more important to the way we live our lives than it has ever been before. Many of us already use the internet for various reasons but a large proportion of people don’t use the internet and risk being left out in the cold!
Why is internet access so important?
- All benefit applications will soon be done online
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Studying and gaining qualifications
- Budgeting your money
- Online banking
- Accessing the cheapest deals when shopping
- Access to money comparison websites to get the best deals on utilities, loans, etc.
- Communicating with various service providers like your landlord.
- Social networking
- Access to all of the above 24/7 to fit in with busy lifestyles
How to get online
Firstly you need access to a computer or tablet. This can be done by:
- Buying a computer, laptop or tablet. A cheaper option could be a second hand, refurbished computer. Then signing up for your own internet.
- Using friends or family members’ computer & internet.
- Using public computers and wi-fi internet.
Did you know that many public places have free wi-fi!! Just take your own laptop or tablet and log in using the wi-fi password provided.
Refurbished PC’s and laptops from £99