Support People and Partners
Floating support aims to support with any housing issues so that you are able to remain living independently, stay safe and feel settled in your home. The support is delivered on a weekly basis either in your home or, if appropriate, in a public place. Support is time-limited, and aims to improve your skills and confidence to enable you to be independent and empowered.
You and your support worker will draw up a Support Plan, which identifies individual needs and how to achieve housing-related goals.
Through our support we aim to:
Promote Personal and Community Safety
Promote Independence and Control
Promote Economic Progress and Financial Control
Promote Health and Well Being
What you CAN get help with:
- Helping you with moving into your new accommodation and setting up a tenancy
- Working with you to make sure you are receiving all your benefits
- Working with you to budget, manage your debts and bills
- Helping you to deal with correspondence, forms and form filling
- Provide you with advice on issues such as aids and adaptations and general safety and security
- Support you to access education, employment, volunteer work or training
- Helping you to identify and participate in social, leisure or sport activities
- Sign-posting to other services/agencies
- Helping you access physical and mental health services, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
What we DON’T offer:
Floating support services cannot help you with any personal care or domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, D.I.Y, shopping or gardening. We do not help with removals. We do not provide you with any counselling or befriending support.
Please see individual projects / teams for referral details.
The Operational Manager for the teams providing Floating Support Services is Bex Gingell - 02920 259169