We are continuing to follow the government advice around social distancing and working from home. There have been no changes to our services since the previous update - we are still carrying out all emergency repairs and gas safety checks ( see below for list of emergency repairs) and are continuing to review it.
You are still able to refer yourself to the community chat team (information below)
Please contact us if you feel that you are struggling financially, we promise to help get you the support you need. 0800 121 6064
Our office remains closed but usual hours have resumed
Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm
Friday - 9am - 4 pm
Easter Opening Hours -
We understand that this is an uncertain time and would like to reassure you that Emergency repairs will be covered by an out of hour service as normal across the Easter weekend. Our contractors will also continue to offer a service as normal too.
We promise that no one will lose their tenancy because of Coronavirus.
We promise to keep you safe and secure in your home.
We promise to help get you the financial support you need.
We promise to help you find solutions if you’re having difficulty paying your rent.
And we promise we will do everything we can to support your well-being.
Latest Advice Guides from Taff
First Minister Mark Drakeford has announced letters are being sent to Wales' "most vulnerable people".
If you receive this please notify us as soon as you can and continue to notify us if you are self-isolating.
This is so we can put in place plans to best support you.
Following our announcement to move to Emergency only repairs we have had some tenants ask ‘What is an emergency?’. Taff categorises an emergency as :
• Gas leaks
• Dangerous electrical fault & bare wires
• Property insecure following break-in or vandalism - including seriously damaged glazing
• A fault with the fire alarm system or smoke detection system
• Structural danger
• The total failure of the heating system between October 1st and Apr 1st
• Serious water leaks (including roofs) which cannot be contained
• The total failure of lighting inside the property that isn’t an appliance fault
• The total failure of electrical socket outlets inside the property
• Entrance door or essential internal door cannot be opened
• Damage caused by fire
• Blocked or broken W.C – If it’s the only one in the building
• Failure of communal staircase lighting where there is no natural light or other light sources
• Failure of lift
• Failure to stairlift
• Failure of warden alarm system
If you believe your maintenance enquiry falls into this category please call us on 0800 121 6064
From today our reception will remain closed to walk-in appointments of any kind until further notice.
Following Welsh Government’s advice, the only office appointments that will be carried out are emergency appointments or pre-arranged appointments.
Please only leave your home if absolutely essential.
We have taken the difficult decision that as of 8am on Thursday 20th March we will only be undertaking emergency repairs. This is a necessary step to help keep you and our staff safe.
We will also be carrying out housing services related appointments over the phone and keeping face-to-face appointments to a minimum. If you need to contact us please use the freephone number 0800 121 6064.
Only visit if it is absolutely essential. If you are planning to visit our office please call us first.
We apologise for any inconveniences these changes may cause.
We appreciate this is a difficult and worrying time for many of us, here are some links to helpful information;
Taff Housing Association