Volunteer Success Stories
Since we launched our Supported Volunteer Project in September 2013 we have had lots of successful outcomes
How much did we do?
- 84 placements taken up over 16 teams
- Placements taken up at 6 external businesses/organisations
- 68 training courses taken up
- 3 Community Groups established
How well did we do?
- 98 Volunteers took part in training
- 8700 + Volunteer hours contributed
- 100% of volunteers rated training either good or very good
Is anybody better off?
- 15 Volunteers entered into full time employment
- 11 Volunteers entered into part time employment
- 10 Volunteers into further education
- 60 Volunteers obtained a nationally recognised training qualification
Although we are incredibly proud of all of our volunteers at Taff, we are especially proud that the hard work of volunteer Natalie Jones who was recognised this year, as she won Best Female Apprentice/ Trainee Award at the Women in Housing Awards, hosted in Manchester. Although all of our volunteers work extremely hard, Natalie's confidence and self belief grew, she is such a humble and determined young woman, who is always looking to better herself and we are very honoured to have helped her on her journey through the volunteer schemes we offer at Taff. Natalie has been kind enough to share her story with us, which can be read here.
You can more photos taken of the volunteer project here